The Ritz Carlton, A New Shanghai Location

The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong, opened on June 21. As the luxury hotel brand’s second property in the city, and its seventh in China, the opening came with much fanfare including tweets from RC president Simon F. Cooper.

In case you are not following Simon F Cooper's twitter account: "I'm extremely proud to welcome our 7th hotel in #China into the portfolio. The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong." Can the Ritz-Carlton get any hipper? Really, how many corporations have their presidents tweeting their latest? So fab.

Located in Shanghai ifc, the prime real estate in Lujiazui financial trade zone, the hotel (and development) is the work of architect Cesar Pelli. The 285-room property occupies the top 18 floors of the Shanghai ifc South Tower. Opening during June's World Expo, the design and style of the hotel is contemporary, with hints of new interpretations of 1930’s Shanghai Art Deco. Instilled with a great sense of place, the hotel's guest rooms and restaurants embrace magnificent sweeping views over The Bund – the most intact collection of Art Deco architecture anywhere in the world.


You girls know I'm already and R-C fanatic but LOOK at these pictures! Next time I'm in China, I'm SO there.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Dana Powers said...

I fell in love with Shanghai the first time I saw photos of this out-of-this-world city. I wouldn't mind a bit of a stay here, either.

Laurie said...

I know! So amazing right? I'm mean I could live in the TUB alone.