Oatmeal Raisin Tresses and Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer - Beauty All Around



A few days ago, I sat down at the common table in my office which over looks our patio in a vain attempt to sort through my inbox. When I looked up there was an enormous smile strung across a dear little face staring back at me through the window. At first I thought, "What a gift to see such a beautiful smile on this little girl." Then I noticed that small tufts of wispy short hair took the place of what could have a been normal first grader's head of hair. She was suffering from some form of pediatric cancer though "suffering" didn't seem to have anything to do with this jovial spirit as she darted her little hands in and out of the railing in an attempt to catch her mother. Smiles, laughter and a knowing wink put not only my day, but also my life, in perspective and left me wishing there was something I could do to bring her half of the joy she brought me.

Today, sorting through another inbox, I find that there is, actually, something I can do - and something (two somethings, really) that you can do.

Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, an organization created to raise awareness of and funds to support research for new and improved therapies for pediatric cancer through the concept of hosting local bake sales, (http://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org/) makes it easy for anyone that wants to get involved in the fight against pediatric cancer by detailing the 4 easy steps to throw a bake sale of your very own (planning, details, bake, sell!)

Alternately, from August 15th to October 15th philosophy will be donating 100% of the net proceeds of their oatmeal raisin high foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer --Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: