Read My Lips from theBalm

theBalm has been featured in O Magazine, Allure, Lucky, InStyle, WWD, Elle and Glamour Magazine. This fabulous makeup line has a vitamin infused Vegan Lip Treatment and all the proceeds go to Pug Rescue. Also new for spring is theBalm's reinvention of lipstick with Read My Lips which comes in 100% recyclable packaging. Really it feels much better to look hot and know your helping the earth at the same time. The vanilla mint flavored concoctions contain vitamins A and E along with olive and jojoba oils for a soft sexy stylish pucker.Part of the reason I love writing about the beauty industry is because of companies that start like this one. "Marissa Shipman, Founder & CEO Marissa realized that there were a few simple products she needed to help her feel glam all the time. Then she decided that if she needed them, other women probably did too."
"So she went to Amazon, bought 11 books on how to make makeup and started mixing in her kitchen. "I went crazy. I had a web site designed, got incorporated, worked out a budget, and hired a chemist." And the rest is history! Well, not yet but with her great ingredients, gorgeous colors and fabulous scents, Marissa is certainly making makeup history. "

3 comments:

Super Duper Gus said...

shut. up. Pug Rescue? I am IN!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to try it. I love beauty and good causes and you!!!!!!!! Betty

Anonymous said...

uhhhmmm. Now I'm done for. I've just bookmarked my second beauty site. Days from now you won't even recognize me (and I'll have a yard full of rescued pugs. Imagine the fun Grady's having too due to Beautys Spot)
Jude