Beauty's Product RAVE: Aveda Re-Launches Vintage Clove Shampoo and Saves Marine Life

Unless you are willing to say, "Baby Sea Turtle, I'll bust a cap in yo' ass." out loud in your kitchen every time you throw away a bottle cap, listen up. Apparently I'm not the only one who didn't know what to do with her plastic bottle caps and it's creating a real problem for baby turtles and marine life in general. I can attest to this personally as I recently saw a pelican in San Felipe Mexico with a bottle shaped gullet and I seriously considered sacrificing my arm to try and remove the obstruction. Luckily for my arm and the earth's marine life Aveda is thinking on a larger scale than I am.

In honor of their 30th anniversary, Aveda is introducing the world's first cap recycling program. Not only are they accepting old caps but on September 15 they debuted the first 100% post consumer recycled caps on their Limited Edition Vintage Clove Shampoo. Happy Birthday Aveda! I am lucky enough to be a proud owner of the Ayurveda-inspired, organic clove and coffee filled shampoo and I ADORE it. The smell reminds me of old, kindly Indonesian men and it reads the riot act to my unruly locks. Not only is the potion inside magic, and the recycled cap ingenious, but the bottle itself is made of a minimum of 96% post-consumer recycled (PCR) high-density polyethylene (HDPE)—the highest percentage recycled content in colored bottle containers to date in the beauty industry. (The remaining 4% HDPE is virgin resin used as a carrier for the bottle colorant.) Learn more about Aveda's school-based cap recycling program here. Indulge yourself, make amends to the baby sea turtle community, and get yourself a bottle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you reviewed this product!! i recently saw this clove shampoo and was reminded of why i loved aveda so much BEFORE estee got a hold of them :( the clove shampoo was one of my favorites along with blue malva. i still love aveda but unfortunately a lot of products were phased out after estee lauder bought on that! BUT yea, for the recycled plastic. save the sea creatures!!